FORUMS: list search recent posts

Easy way to replace an image with a higher res. version AFTER editing?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Kocher
Easy way to replace an image with a higher res. version AFTER editing?
on Nov 24, 2016 at 7:31:05 am

Hi,

I recently touched up a photo and of course have multiple layers (somewhere around 10). However, I discovered I really need this at a higher resolution, so I rescanned the photo (fortunately it never moved from the scanner bed) and used Photoshop to auto match it to the original so the crop was identical.

What I am having a hard time figuring out is, how do replace the existing image in my Photoshop project with the newly scanned image? I need all of the edits (heal, clone stamping, masks, etc.) to SCALE to the new higher image resolution/size. Is there any easy way to do this? Is there perhaps a script out there that does this anyone knows of, or hopefully built-in?

In After Effects this is a VERY easy thing to accomplish, using a simple script and clicking a button. Here's to hoping something similar in PS.

Thanks!

-Tim

Return to posts index

Katarzyna Kuzawska
Re: Easy way to replace an image with a higher res. version AFTER editing?
on Feb 24, 2017 at 1:38:21 pm

Maybe you should use Image->Resize Image (here you can set Resolution and size) with Scale Styles option marked.
Then after resizing the whole image , you can replace with your new better one. It's good way when u were applying changes on Adjustments Layers. But if you were editing pixels of your Image directly it's impossible to apply automatically these changes on new one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]