FORUMS: list search recent posts

change the color on stock photo on Photoshop cs4 after I placed the image

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Penne Swingle
change the color on stock photo on Photoshop cs4 after I placed the image
on Sep 17, 2016 at 1:23:23 am

Hello. I have a stock photo of a lizard I have through stock.adobe.com that I downloaded (so I have permission to use this). I just want to change the color from black to green (simple right?). I have been searching for this for over 3 hours. I actually DID do this 3 hours ago...BY CHANCE! and when I tried my best to go in and recreate it for some reason I just can't and I am so frustrated because it was so easy. I placed and resized my image and hit checkmark. Then double clicked on Layer on right hand side. Checked off Color Overlay and OK and it comes up Red. Then double clicked color box under COLOR column and I thought I hit the color green and OK and it would make the lizard green and it didn't. I don't know what I am doing wrong (that I did RIGHT the first time) PLEASE HELP! I am trying to make our logo for our new business and cannot move forward until I make this. Thank you so much for your time. I KNOW this is easy since I happen to do it by chance earlier. I just cannot find a simple answer anywhere to this. Everywhere I look they tell me about Hue and Saturation and the tools to use for images but NOT a PLACED image that cannot be used by these tools (they are all grayed out). Thank you so much!!!Penne

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: change the color on stock photo on Photoshop cs4 after I placed the image
on Sep 17, 2016 at 6:07:46 pm

For what purpose are you placing the image? Why not just open it or copy and paste it, which makes it easy to modify it, since that's what you're trying to do.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Penne Swingle
on Sep 17, 2016 at 6:30:34 pm

Thank you for the reply. It is a stock image from stock.adobe.com. It is an AI image. The only way to get this image is to download it or save to computer (which saves as AI). I am working with PS. I can download to AI and it is a small image and I have no way to figure out the correct size I need for my logo on PS that I am already making (which is why I Place it where i need it on the logo in PS). What is frustrating me to no end at this point is I KNOW this is possible to change the color in PS. I DID it last night by accident. And I was doing it fast and now I cannot for the life of me remember how I did it (after the steps I took which I wrote in my description) but I KNOW it is possible and easy. I have tried to re-create it with no luck. I wish somebody could just help me figure this out. I cannot copy and paste this image as it is AI only. Very frustrated at this point as I need to get this done asap to get our logo's done for our new venture we are doing.
Thanks,
Penne

Return to posts index

Penne Swingle
on Sep 17, 2016 at 6:48:21 pm

I did figure a way to change the color in AI then copy it and then paste it in PS and save as Smart object. I am hoping this will work. Thank you
Penne

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Sep 18, 2016 at 7:07:55 am

That sounds like the correct handling. Placing the image generally means you're planning on editing the original in a different program and have it automatically in the program you place into -- which is what you did.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]