FORUMS: list search recent posts

Possible to gradually warp video using keyframes in Ps cc?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Signe Österlund
Possible to gradually warp video using keyframes in Ps cc?
on Sep 14, 2016 at 2:10:16 pm

Hello!
I'm making a stop motion animation, but the loop I'm after isn't really matching up precisely enough.

I've attempted to transform>warp batches of the later photos of the image sequence in Ps, but what I'd like would be more of a smooth gradual warping from the second photo up to the last (so the last one matches the first).

I attempted using after effects for this, but the mesh warp I used doesn't look as nice as the Ps warp (it looks more rubbery in Ae..).

I then decided to learn the Ps animation tools. I import an exported video of the photos from premiere, convert it to a smart object and then attempt to place keyframes at the start of image #2 and at the start of the last image (a repeat of the first photo to check if my warping looks alright) to lock them in place. then i place a keyframe at the second to last image and transform>warp it to match the first frame.

This should in my mind result in the desired effect, but the rest of the video gets warped in a way different to the frame I've been working on (I'm basically pulling down the lower corners and heightening the middle a bit on the second to last photo. When I, for example, go back to the first image the photo is arched towards the bottom and doesn't fill the frame anymore..). The first and last image that i attempted to keyrame in place get warped as well...

Any input what I'm doing wrong/if what I'm after is possible?
Thanks!
/Signe

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Possible to gradually warp video using keyframes in Ps cc?
on Sep 15, 2016 at 7:17:47 am

After Effects is better for this. Photoshop animation capabilities are very limited. The Corner Pin effect in AE does the same thing as the perspective warp does in Photoshop, I'd use that.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Signe Österlund
on Sep 15, 2016 at 7:55:21 am

Ah yeah, I figured. Was just hoping i was overlooking something with the keyframes in Ps.

Sadly I haven't liked the look of the warping I've achieved in Ae as compared to Ps (as stated). The perspective warp isn't really what I'm after (unless it behaves differently in Ae than in Ps?), the closest one I've found to Warp (Ps) is Mesh warp (Ae). Ps-warp lets me drag the whole image, mesh warp ony lets me drag the specific points however..

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Sep 16, 2016 at 11:36:56 am

Yes, the PS warp tool is much more use-friendly. There is another effect that has just the corner points, i.e. four points to deal with instead of nine, in AE, called the bezier warp. Maybe that one will be a better choice. Set the quality to max, as it is really not a bezier curve but a linear approximation thereof.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Signe Österlund
on Sep 17, 2016 at 10:16:24 am

Thanks, decided to go with puppet pin, it worked out better for me!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]