FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bridge Showing Padlock on NAS files

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Benson
Bridge Showing Padlock on NAS files
on Aug 27, 2016 at 3:53:37 pm

Sorry, but I did not see a Bridge forum, but I figure most of you use it with Photoshop and have a similar setup (i.e. a network drive).

I swear this worked in the past. Not sure what triggered this change, but I have updated CC since I last used Bridge. Basically, Bridge (whether CS6 or CC) will not show the images from my NAS drive. I can click through the folder tree, but instead of images, I get an icon that looks like a white piece of paper with the top right corner folded over (i.e. generic). Above and to the right of each icon is a padlock icon. If I try to open them from bridge - Media Player gets launched. Pictures on local drives view and open just fine. Things I have tried:

1) Bridge launched from PS CS6 32-bit, 64-bit, and PS CC, and also all Bridge launched directly.
2) Held the Ctrl Key down while launching Bridge and chose to reset to defaults
3) Stating the Drive and various folders as a 'Favorite' (apparently, this has worked for some people). Note, that it was already in my Favorites selection - so I removed it and added it back without any change in behavior.
4) Changed the properties of the pictures from non-read-only to read-only and back to non-read-only.

They are viewable and open up just fine from the Open command of Photoshop.

Also, I did find a workaround by remapping the network drive to a local drive letter. This works, but (a) I don't like usability changing for no reason, (b) I don't like to create mapped drives unless I really need to, (c) I'm curious.

Win 10 - 64 bit
Bridge CS6 - 5.0.2.4 x64
Bridge CC - 2015 release 6.3.0.177 x64

At a minimum, can someone confirm their NAS drive works fine from Bridge or if they also have this problem?

Thank you,

Pauley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]