Photoshop CC2014 not saving preferences

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sharif Shahwan
Photoshop CC2014 not saving preferences
on Aug 24, 2016 at 11:52:51 am

System details:
Photoshop version: 15.2.1 (CC2014)

I've got a weird problem with Photoshop - My preferences won't apply and everything reverts to default every time I open the application.

I've looked at the settings folder and I can see the .psp preference files but most of them appear to be untouched with old modified dates. A couple of preference files are obviously updating (PNG Format prefs and Save for Web prefs), but the main 'Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 Prefs' fule doesn't update and if I remove it, a new one is not created.

I don't get an error message; it's as if Photoshop isn't even attempting to write the preferences file.

Any thoughts or suggestions gratefully received.

Return to posts index

Philip Rivera
Re: Photoshop CC2014 not saving preferences
on Oct 10, 2016 at 9:34:26 pm

I notice in Preferences under General there is a button to Reset Preferences on Quit. There is no way to choose the opposite, but it seems like it is doing that by default.

Return to posts index

Sharif Shahwan
Re: Photoshop CC2014 not saving preferences
on Oct 11, 2016 at 11:19:01 am

Thanks for the suggestion. This is an enterprise install and out of the blue, it started saving the preferences so I have no idea what was going on. We've also been able to update to CC2015 which seems to be working far better as well (I was having performance issues with CC2014).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]