FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I remove background from bulk images

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nikita Papastamatis
How do I remove background from bulk images
on Aug 16, 2016 at 12:02:50 pm

Hi all,

I have taken photos of agar plates for my science experiment. An example of the photos is below. There are 50 of them per day which makes around 400 photos all together. I would like to know how to remove the background. I would prefer if it could be done in one go without having to select the area i want to keep and make a new layer for every photo. Is there any way???

Thanks for you help

Nikita :)

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: How do I remove background from bulk images
on Aug 16, 2016 at 2:52:06 pm

If the placement is exactly the same in each photo, you can do it with an action, selecting the same circular area, iverting the selection and filling with white.

If the plates are not in the same exact location, it not going to be so simple. In theory you could pre-crop the images somewhere close to the plate, bring them in to a single document and use the "align layers" feature to try and automatically align them in the same spot, which may or may not work. For any layers that didn't align automatically, you'll have to align manually. After which you can use an action to select the area and fill the background, then select next layer down, repeatedly. When done, Photoshop can export layers as individual files.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]