FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with the way different browsers handle gif animations generated in Photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duncan Kenning
Problem with the way different browsers handle gif animations generated in Photoshop
on Jul 25, 2016 at 3:29:32 pm

We are having a problem with the way different web browsers are handling the display of gif colours.
The problem can be seen if you head to http://project26.net/

Scroll down to animation B
In Google Chrome you will notice that the background colour of the gif animation darkens several frames into the animation, it’s dark enough that it’s just distinguishable from the div background.
In Firefox you will notice that the background colour starts off darker at the beginning of the animation and then lightens to match the div background.
In Safari the background colour of the gif and the background colour of the div match exactly and there is no difference.
(all these examples are on Mac but I imagine you see similar things on PC as well)

I’ve tried loads of combinations of gif export via Photoshops Save for web feature. All of them are resulting in the same issue.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before?

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Problem with the way different browsers handle gif animations generated in Photoshop
on Jul 29, 2016 at 5:15:22 pm

A potential solution to diminish the problem is to make the flat areas outside the anti-aliased edge transparent and save the animated GIF with transparency. If that works, I would assume it is way less noticeable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]