FORUMS: list search recent posts

What's it called, and how do I do it?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Williams
What's it called, and how do I do it?
on Jul 21, 2016 at 9:07:18 pm

I have two images I want to put together to make a flyer for a Cop Stop my neighborhood is having soon. What is that called, and where can I see a tutorial on it? Links, please. Thanks! I want to create a one-page document that has both pix and some additional info, to hand out at fire and police stations.

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
Re: What's it called, and how do I do it?
on Jul 21, 2016 at 10:25:10 pm

Depend what you mean by "put together." Are you trying to place an image over a new background, or blend one image into another's shape? What is your desired end result?

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Jul 23, 2016 at 6:54:50 am

You'll want to start with a blank document that is the size of your final output (such as a letter-sized paper), at 300 pixels per inch resolution. That is the proper resolution for print materials.

You can open, copy and paste (in Photoshop) the images you want into this new document. They will appear on their own layers and can be moved around and resized. It is advisable to only size images down, not up, if you want good quality.

The text can be added on its own layer with the type tool.

The general term would be "layout". It is often done in a page layout program such as InDesign, but for relatively simple things like this, you can do it directly in Photoshop, as long as the resolution is high enough (300 ppi) so that the text doesn't turn into mush.

Return to posts index

Jim Williams
on Jul 23, 2016 at 1:11:52 pm

Bingo! I want to scale down two logos so they fit side by side on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper, with room to spare on the bottom. Don't have the first idea on how to do all that, but want to learn. Thanks! Jim

Return to posts index

Jim Williams
on Jul 23, 2016 at 7:06:13 pm

Well, I would need step-by-step directions on re-sizing and such. Any ideas on where to go for that? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dominic Deacon
on Jul 24, 2016 at 10:17:29 pm

On the far left of your screen you have a toolbar that has your erasers and brushes etc. At the top of that there's a symbol shaped like an arrow. After you've dropped in your image select that. Now just move your cursor to the corner of the image and click and drag to resize it. If you hold down shift while you drag the image will maintain the same proportions as when you dropped it in.

Youtube is awesome for this stuff. On youtube you can just search photoshop and whatever you're looking for an answer to and there will be an in depth tutorial which I'm sure is handier than instructions like mine above. Here's one for resizing:

Return to posts index

Jim Williams
on Jul 25, 2016 at 1:19:00 am

Yeah, thanks for this help, and thanks again for reminding me about Youtube and its resources. It IS a goldmine for most any area, and I don't always remember that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]