FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D "Edit Source" not available

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ron curington
3D "Edit Source" not available
on Jul 13, 2016 at 2:02:33 pm

I'm still working on getting up to speed with the 3D tools in Photoshop CS6 Extended. Trying to follow along with a Youtube tutorial dealing with depth maps. Actually several of the tutorials on 3D have used this particular feature. After creating a depth map from an image they then select an option "Edit Source". I'm not finding it.

in this current video the presenter is selecting "Depth Map" from the 3D panel and then from the "Properties" panel he is clicking a button "Edit Source". My panel looks identical; less the "Edit Source" button.

I do in fact have a 3D image that was created from the steps "3D" > "New Mesh From Layer"
So I am able to select the "Depth Map" from the 3D panel. However the "Properties" panel has no option for "Edit Source" and I can't find any such option anywhere else.
Is there something broken with my copy of Photoshop? or is there some tweak I'm not aware of?

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: 3D "Edit Source" not available
on Jul 14, 2016 at 11:28:51 am

Although unlikely that they have disappeared by themselves, it is possible to hide and show menu items. Look under "Define a Set of Menus" here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/panels-menus.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]