FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to complete an uncompleted image in PS

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tobin Bell
how to complete an uncompleted image in PS
on Oct 25, 2014 at 8:46:54 am

Hello,

I'm a beginner in Photoshop, I have a very simple image with a sun circle but unfortunately the top and bottom ends of the image is missing.

This may sound trivial but is there a way to complete the image in PS?
8139_sun.psd.zip

Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Herbert van der wegen
Re: how to complete an uncompleted image in PS
on Nov 5, 2014 at 8:36:23 am

I would not bother trying to fix that manually - since it is such a simple image, why not recreate it from scratch, and fake it?

- add a solid color layer with the orange background colour
- add a white vector circle with perhaps a yellow stroke. Convert to a smart object, and apply a slight gaussian blur to fade out the edge
- add a larger circle in the background, apply a circular gradient and pick up the colours from the original.

Some fine-tuning, and done! For a more realistic effect I also added a bit of granularity to the edges for the "Sun", and applied a bit of noise.

PS I did this in Photoline, but the process is exactly as I described. This is arguably easier & quicker to pull off in Photoline than in Photoshop, because of Photoshop's rather horrible outdated and quirky gradient editor. In Photoline any gradient can be edited "in place".

/*----------------------------------------------------*/
System: Win7 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]