FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to get smooth strokes when drawing with brush?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pavan Ganti
How to get smooth strokes when drawing with brush?
on Mar 16, 2014 at 11:31:04 am

Hi,

I'm quite new to photoshop and have been experimenting trying to draw figures with the brush tool and a tablet.Is there a function in photoshop that smooths out the stroke you draw so that I can get clean lines similar to that of illustrator?

Thanks,
Pavan

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
Re: How to get smooth strokes when drawing with brush?
on May 5, 2014 at 2:14:43 pm

I guess that depends on exactly what you're expecting by "clean." How are your strokes not-clean? Most of the brush presets in Photoshop should give you decently smooth lines with no tweaking. Can you post a screen shot of the result you're getting that you're not happy with?

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

Cora Smith
on Aug 3, 2015 at 5:37:47 pm

What does exactly a clean stroke means in photoshop language guys?

Return to posts index

Aron Sherman
on Aug 5, 2015 at 1:05:19 am

I might be getting this same problem. Basically, when drawing with my Wacom tablet, All of my lines look jagged, as if they were just a bunch of straight lines connected together. What should I do?

Return to posts index

Herbert van der wegen
on Aug 13, 2015 at 9:00:35 am

Try a different (older) Wacom driver.

Also, Laxy Nezumi can be very helpful. Unfortunately, Photoshop does not offer any built-in smooth stroke control. Even when you do fix the jagged lines issue, when drawing zoomed out on a large high-resolution canvas, Photoshop still has issues with ugly lines.

I have left Photoshop for drawing altogether since more than two years now, and I prefer Krita for digital drawing and painting now (which happens to be free and open source!). https://krita.org/ Give it a chance - you may never want to draw and paint in Photoshop ever again.

I also use Clipstudio, of which the drawing feel is far superior to Photoshop.

/*----------------------------------------------------*/
System: Win7 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Return to posts index

Anastasia Antonova
on Oct 27, 2015 at 6:07:23 pm

use the pen tool and create a path (putting down points). if you press on a new point, hold, drag your mouse, itll make the line curvy and smoth. once your done, right click on your path and select stroke path and itll stroke the path with the current settings of your brush.

xx
stas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]