FORUMS: list search recent posts

using Photoshop to fix issues in my video - only one frame of video gets fixed even though entire clip is selected in timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Natteau
using Photoshop to fix issues in my video - only one frame of video gets fixed even though entire clip is selected in timeline
on Feb 26, 2014 at 2:25:11 am

I can't understand what I'm doing wrong but when I import a video into Photoshop CC to fix issues in the background, only one frame of video gets fixed.
Even though the video is clearly selected in the timeline, any fix I make only get applied to whatever frame of video I am on. I can't understand it. Thank you in advance for any help. I'm sure it's something very basic that I'm missing or not understanding. But it's driving me crazy.

Return to posts index

Nick Natteau
Re: using Photoshop to fix issues in my video - only one frame of video gets fixed even though entire clip is selected in timeline
on Feb 26, 2014 at 4:38:00 am

OK I figured it out. I needed to make an adjustment layer on top of the video layer and apply all fixes changes to the top layer.

But another problem is that I have no sound. Even though the clip I imported into Photoshop has sound, once inside Photoshop, there's no sound.
So what's the procedure for fixing a clip with video issues (that has audio as well) in Premiere Pro CC? Do you need to unlink the video and audio portions of the clip, send just the video to Photoshop, fix it, then reimport it and make sure it's aligned with the audio of the original clip in PPCC???

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: using Photoshop to fix issues in my video - only one frame of video gets fixed even though entire clip is selected in timeline
on Mar 7, 2014 at 3:13:35 pm

There should be audio icons on the audio track and by the controls just above the video layer. Make sure both of those are turned on. Hit the space bar or play button and you should hear audio if the video has audio. Only other thing would be if it's something like MXF video, the audio may not come with the video.

I usually just use AE for that sort of thing.
Good Luck!
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]