FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I just have a layer with TEXT?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Lee
How do I just have a layer with TEXT?
on Aug 15, 2013 at 6:08:34 pm

Photoshop newbie here - please be kind. ;)

I have a .PSD project I've been working on. The text box has exactly what I want (e.g. size, color, certain effects, etc.)

Can I create a new .PSD file with just by copying/pasting this text on to a new .PSD file? I want to eventually make a .PNF file of just the text I wrote, and then put that in my Sony Vegas project.

I'm sure I'm missing something basic. If I start a new .PSD, it asks me for the dimensions. But when I paste my text, the dimensions don't match up with the text. I want a .PSD (and eventually a .PNG) of just this text, but I can't figure out how to make the layer JUST the text itself with no background.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Kendrick Drews
Re: How do I just have a layer with TEXT?
on Mar 12, 2015 at 8:07:07 pm

There are two things you can do.

If you make a selection of just the text itself, with a tool like the magic wand (w) >>right click inside selection>> select inverse>> delete -

That will delete everything except the text, and it will be on a layer on its own.

Or,

If you have the text/image you want to move to a new document selected >>Crtl+c>> Ctrl+n>> Change the Preset to 'clipboard'>> Create file.

'Clipboard' will be the exact dimensions of anything you have recently copied or cut.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]