FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image processor, scale down only

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Kay
Image processor, scale down only
on May 17, 2013 at 8:31:55 pm

I've got a bunch of photos for an AE project. They aren't RGB and most of them are huge (12000x12000). I used image processor to batch the conversion and resizing. While I need the larger images much smaller, there are some that ended up getting scaled up, which I want to avoid.

Is there an automated way to do this, or do I just have to go through and manually check sizes, which half defeats the point of automation.

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
Re: Image processor, scale down only
on May 26, 2013 at 7:02:00 am

File>Automate>Fit Image...

It will constrain an image's longest edge (keeping aspect ratio) and you can choose "dont enlarge".

I'd avoid image processor, just create an action that utilized the fit image command anwhatever other processing you need, then use File>Automate>Batch

--------------------
Angelo Lorenzo

Need to encode ProRes on your Windows PC?
Introducing ProRes Helper, an awesome little app that makes it possible
Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks
Can your post production question fit in a tweet? Follow me on Twitter

Return to posts index

Atle Richter Schie
Re: Image processor, scale down only
on Jun 6, 2013 at 8:34:10 am

A solution would be to open Adobe Bridge, navigate to the folder with your images, go to View -> Sort -> By dimensions. Then Bridge will sort your images by pixel-size.

Next up, find the "break point" in size where you'll start upsizing instead of downsizing and just batch process the ones above.

(The Image Processor (for Photoshop) in Bridge is located in Tools -> Photoshop -> ...)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]