FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vector mask on layer group?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabi Bucataru
Vector mask on layer group?
on Jan 13, 2013 at 8:19:14 pm

Hi Gang!

I have the hardest time wrapping my mind around Photoshop CS6 new vector concept. Shapes appear as layers instead as vector masks as in previous versions.
With that in mind, how do you ad a vector mask (NOT a layer mask), to a layer group?
What I am trying to achieve is to have the vector shapes on groups that have certain scanned jpg texture layers inside. This way I have the freedom do modify a shape, or to replace the jpg texture, etc.

thanks!
Gabi

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Vector mask on layer group?
on Jan 14, 2013 at 5:46:00 am

Adding the vector mask to the layer group is as simple as selecting the group and going to the Layer > Vector Mask > Reveal All menu option.

Then you can use the pen tool (p) to draw a path. Make sure that you have the vector mask selected and that the pen tool is set to "Path" instead of "Shape" in the Options toolbar.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Gabi Bucataru
Re: Vector mask on layer group?
on Jan 28, 2013 at 4:40:45 pm

Ooops Darby -

Sorry for my late reply. For some reason the problem I had was actually copying or "releasing" a vector mask from a shape layer. I found this tip on this place which worked greatly (scroll down to Releasing vector mask from shape layer:

http://blog.kam88.com/en/moving-to-cs6.html

"For example, you have vector shape, and you have group of layers. You want to add that vector shape as mask to group. In CS5 you'll just drag mask to the folder, in CS6 there's no “mask” element on layer. Instead, to release mask from vector shape layer you'll need to click on vector shape layer with holding ⌘ (ctrl on Windows) and drag it to your group."

thanks a lot for the help!

Gabi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]