FORUMS: list search recent posts

Simple questions re CS6 (opening image, croppint)

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john carboni
Simple questions re CS6 (opening image, croppint)
on Nov 14, 2012 at 3:32:32 pm

Ive been using Photoshop (on Windows) for a long time, and with each upgrade install, my preferences seemed pretty much unchanged. I just installed CS6 and now my muscle memory is fighting with the program.

It used to be that if I wanted to open an image I could just double click the 'desktop' (clean work surface) and the image open dialogue would pop up. That doesn't happen in CS6.

In CS5 when I selected the crop tool, I would just draw a box around the image and then adjust it. Now when I select crop the box is already on the photo, and as I adjust the sides, the image slides around.

There are others but these are the most annoying so far. Are these changes in the program or just preferences that I cant figure out how to change?

Return to posts index

sanjeev ramanathan
Re: Simple questions re CS6 (opening image, croppint)
on Dec 31, 2012 at 6:22:34 pm

Are you sure you double clicked on the desktop to open the image or you double clicked the application frame to open the image. Because they still have that double click option in CS6.

Regarding Crop tool, you can turn off that feature by selecting the crop tool and going to the options bar and click on the additional crop options (wheel icon) and select the first option 'Use Classic Mode'. The new feature will take some time to get used to but its very powerful.

You can also use the shortcut by Selecting the crop tool and select the handles in the crop box and click 'P' (make sure you select the crop box before you press 'P' or else it will switch to Pen tool) will toggle back and forth.

If you want to learn more about crop tool, you can check my recent tutorial, which i've covered everything about crop tool in CS6.
http://www.beekeepersblog.com/2012/12/photoshop-cs6-essentials-crop-tool.ht...

Good Luck.

Beekeeper
http://www.beekeepersblog.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]