FORUMS: list search recent posts

Crop and copy to a new project

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimena Mora
Crop and copy to a new project
on Jul 20, 2012 at 9:46:28 am

Hello I am new to photoshop CS5. I am trying to crop some pictures and then copy the crop version of the photo to a new project, but when I copy the layer of the cropped photo into the other project, the image appears complete without the crop.
Can anybody tell me how can I do this?

Thank you in advance

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
Re: Crop and copy to a new project
on Jul 20, 2012 at 7:21:19 pm

How are you doing your cropping? Actually using the Crop tool, or merely changing the canvas size? If you select a portion of the photo with the Crop tool, hit Return, then drag that to a new image, that portion should be all you see. If you just change Canvas Size, the image data outside of the active image area is still there and will carry over to the new image.

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

Jimena Mora
on Jul 21, 2012 at 11:54:48 am

Hello Jeff thank you for your answer. I am using the crop tool. After selecting the portion of the photo I want to keep I press right click press CROP. And photo and canvas size change. But when I duplicate the layer to another project it copies the whole picture.

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
on Jul 24, 2012 at 2:03:03 pm

That is a puzzler. Sounds like you're doing everything correctly. I guess a few basic troubleshooting questions:

How are you duplicating the layer to a new document? Dragging to the new doc or right-click>duplicate layer?

Which version of Photoshop are you running?

Mac or PC?

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]