FORUMS: list search recent posts

My confusion with the Resizing of parameters

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Strader
My confusion with the Resizing of parameters
on May 8, 2012 at 3:41:32 pm

When I bring a photo in, work with it in a video template size of 720 x 480, then save it. The finished image inside any viewer or website is always stretched.

The image inside photoshop looks fine. What am I doing wrong to get this effect?

At first I thought the program was auto stretching it to fit those parameters because I pulled in a photo taken from an iphone into the pallet.

But I transformed the size of the photo inside the pallet using Scale and Shift so the photo dimensions should not have been changed... or am I wrong?

Thanks for any reminders, pointers, bonks on the head, etc. :)
Vinnie
PS
here's the photo with notes
http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h198/hootyhaha/?action=view¤t=Photo...

Click on the photo to expand. In case they look familiar that's Joyce DeWitt (Janet from Three's Company) and Tony Dow (Wally from Leave it to Beaver).

CS4

City budgets and management don't like upgrading and holding on to things as long as they can.

Return to posts index

Michael Stephens
Re: My confusion with the Resizing of parameters
on May 8, 2012 at 7:58:13 pm

Video presets use non-square pixels which is why you're seeing the image stretched after you save it. When you create a new document using a video preset it automatically uses Pixel Aspect Ratio Correction so what you see on screen is how it would look if the pixels were square. You can turn the correction on and off under the view menu.

You can also change the pixel aspect ratio of those files, and any other files, by selecting View > Pixel Aspect Ratio and then selecting one of the aspect ratios in the list. Square Pixels is what you use for anything other than video.

Is there a reason why you're selecting one of the video presets? If you're not going to be using the images in a video file there isn't a reason to use the video presets.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]