FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting mts files using premiere pro cs5 to be compatible with Final cut Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hannah Mills
Converting mts files using premiere pro cs5 to be compatible with Final cut Pro
on Mar 19, 2012 at 6:58:46 pm

hi, I'm new to file converting and compatibility and if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to work with my footage on final cut however they are saved as .mts files which are not compatible. The files do however work on my adobe premiere pro cs5 on my lap top, however my laptop is just not powerful enough and too slow, i also prefer final cut for the particular editing i am doing. Anyway i need to convert the files so they work on final cut but want to preserve the quality they were filmed at, keeping it as close to the original AVCHD Video as possible - The footage was filmed in high definition 1280 x 720 (50frames/second) on a Panasonic Lumix G2 camera.

I have exhausted various conversion possibilities trying to find a file format that works with little success (being told by final cut that there is unsupported media, or if it does accept it, the footage has been squashed in various ways), does anyone know the right file output to use in Premiere Pro cs5 to convert and export my files to work in Final Cut Pro? Or if not possible in premiere, know of any other way i can convert the files and the best file type to convert them to.

Thank you, Hannah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]