FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop Elements won't open image

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Valens
Photoshop Elements won't open image
on Dec 2, 2011 at 7:02:09 am

I'm having a strange problem with the PS Elements 9 software on my wife's mini mac computer. The program launches fine, and when I try to open a picture (any picture - I've tried lots) I get the various dialog boxes ("reading Photshop format", color mode conversion progress bar, etc.), but then no window showing the photograph. No error message. Also, none of the windows (info, history, layers, etc.) that I've selected show up. If I go to the file menu to "open recent", it lists the photos I've told it to open but have never seen.
I've tried uninstalling the software and then reinstalling it, but continue to have the same problem. It worked fine when I last used it several months ago. I have various other Photoshop software on my other computers (CS 5, CS 4) and have never had this problem. Any ideas? Thanks.

Mini Mac 4.1 (2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Ram), OSX 10.6.8

Tom Valens
Forest Knolls, CA

Return to posts index

Tom Valens
Re: Photoshop Elements won't open image
on Dec 2, 2011 at 9:57:24 pm

I found the answer from someone on the Adobe Elements Forum - I had to trash the Media Database file (in Library>Application Support>etc) and force PS Elements to recreate it. Then all worked again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]