FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export as widescreen quicktime problems

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart Samuels
Export as widescreen quicktime problems
on Oct 5, 2011 at 2:39:21 pm

Hi.

I want to export some edited basic avi clips as a widescreen quicktime movie but I cant seem to get the export setting correct. When I play the video in VLC or Quicktime Player I either end up with a stretched or very small video.

Can anyone tell me what I should be doing as It surely cant be that difficult and I'm probably just being a bit slow!

What compression should I be using to maintine the high quality of the footage and what should my fame size be set to etc?

Im using CS4 by the way.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Return to posts index

Stuart Samuels
Re: Export as widescreen quicktime problems
on Oct 5, 2011 at 6:39:36 pm

Sorry! Clearly the wrong forum!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Oct 17, 2011 at 1:55:03 pm

Hi Stuart,

Sorry I didn't see the post originally, and they get pushed down pretty quickly when several new posts are coming on daily.

Some video formats, such as DV widescreen and HDV, are "anamorphic" widescreen formats, meaning they use non-square pixels. Most media players assume square pixels and therefore do not display anamorphic video correctly, so it looks stretched or squished.

For instance, DV is 720x480 for both 4:3 and 16:9 recordings, but 4:3 uses a 0.9 Pixel Aspect Ratio and 16:9 is using a 1.2 PAR. If encoding the 16:9 video for the web, then you will want to encode using 1.0 PAR and dimensions of 854x480, which is a 16:9 ratio with square pixels and will look correct in any player.

Please let us know the dimensions of the source video and what you wish to encode to and I'll try to assist.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Oct 17, 2011 at 1:57:24 pm

Just realized I'm in the Photoshop forum, where I normally don't visit! This post would be better in the Premiere forum for sure, if that's what you're using

Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]