FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video editing 101's

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Harris
Video editing 101's
on May 18, 2011 at 6:17:38 am

G'day

Just posted a similar question on this but I thought I'd probably do better to just suck it up and start from scratch.

I know most of the in's and out's of the program itself but since changing camera's I've had to consider a few things that are new to me but probably seem retarded to most of you.

When I import AVCHD files I have to format them to something like Quicktime, Mpeg2 etc. As APP doesn't like AVCHD files when I import the size will go from 1920x1080 to something like 720x540. Is this permanently changing the size or is it just for the editing screen and when I export I can choose a higher setting again and regain the quality? I just can't wrap my head around this pixel stuff!

Again sorry for the basic question but I'm finally getting paid to do what I love and don't wanna stuff it because of something like this.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Video editing 101's
on May 18, 2011 at 3:45:18 pm

May I suggest you build a foundation here

How Video Works, Second Edition: From Analog to High Definition [Paperback]
Marcus Weise (Author), Diana Weynand (Collaborator)

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Ryan Harris
Re: Video editing 101's
on May 19, 2011 at 6:08:49 pm

Thanks Richard, and it's off to eBay I go!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]