FORUMS: list search recent posts

photos in layers

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Vaipan
photos in layers
on Apr 29, 2011 at 1:57:41 am

I'm creating a huge collage using photoshop and so my workspace is filled with images; however, I'm slowed down by having to search for the image in the layer window before I can select and move it and resize it. Is there any keystroke or shortcut to allow me to select an image if my mouse is over it? Or at least some way that when I select an image in the layer window, there's a highlight or something which shows me which image I've selected, rather than me having to move the image to see which one I've selected?

Here's a screenshot of what I'm working with:
http://vaipan.com/photoshop.jpg
(all together it's something like 2000 images.)

I'm more of a premiere guy ... (I'm using this in a video)

Also, when I import images as smart objects and resize them down and up, am I losing resolution? or does that only happen once I rasterize them?

Thanks for helping an amateur . .

Return to posts index

David Vaipan
Re: photos in layers
on Apr 29, 2011 at 9:18:23 pm

i figured this out just moments after posting this. right click and select. D;

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
on May 3, 2011 at 4:16:43 am

You can do what you just figured out, but a faster method is to enable auto select layer, that way you can click direclty over the object you want to select without having to look for it in the layers panel, if you also enable show transform controls you can resize tthem without having to invoke the transform command, so there's another time saver.

By scaling down and up smart objects you are not losing resolution AS LONG as you don't go beyond the original size of the image.

Return to posts index

David Vaipan
on May 3, 2011 at 4:22:24 pm

marvelous! thank you so much -- this is incredibly helpful!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]