FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pixal Aspect Ratio Correction question

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Breidbart
Pixal Aspect Ratio Correction question
on Mar 27, 2011 at 7:59:21 pm

Newbie question,
I'm just trying to correctly output a circle I created from photoshop CS3, to Apple Motion3, & have the circle remain a circle in Motion, not an egg shape, even after I output it from motion. I've been watching a bunch of Richards tutorials about this,but obviously I'm missing something. I've creatived a new document in CS3 with dimentions of 1280x720 & pixal aspect ratio set to D1/DV NTSC Widescreen 1.2, I then create a circle, every thing looks fine in CS3 with the pixal aspect ratio correction on ( & here is where my problem must be). I save this as a PNG file to the desktop & import it into my new 1280x 720 canvas in Motion3, but of course I don't have a circle, I have a egg shape. What
other settings do I need to adjust on output from CS3 ??? I feel like this has been talked about alot, but I'm
just missing I piece of the puzzel.

thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Pixal Aspect Ratio Correction question
on Apr 5, 2011 at 1:12:56 am

You didn't watch tute close enough.

HD at that size is square pxels.

You are applying widescreen SD PAR to an HD canvas.

STICK WITH THE PRESETS in the new document window

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]