FORUMS: list search recent posts

channel problem while saving as a jpeg in cs5...

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Storm
channel problem while saving as a jpeg in cs5...
on Mar 21, 2011 at 1:14:28 am

hello,

everytime i try and save my psd file as a jpeg my 'black copy' channel turns its visible status to not visible which reveals some of my marquee tool work. it looks bad, unlike when the channel is on. any ideas how to fix this?

thanks!

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
Re: channel problem while saving as a jpeg in cs5...
on Mar 23, 2011 at 4:31:06 am

Jpegs does ont support extra channels. Save it as a different format, such as tiff or paint the areas that are showing on your original image without adding an extra channel/mask.

Return to posts index

Ryan Storm
on Mar 23, 2011 at 5:31:08 am

thanks for the reply David! i just tried saving it as a tiff but it comes out looking bad. all detail is washed out. it is looking more and more like i will have to go back and redo the coloring finally.
fyi, the image has been flattened and since then closed and reopened so there is no going back in the history palette.
any other suggestions by chance before i re-color?

Return to posts index

Ryan Storm
on Mar 25, 2011 at 5:37:36 am

i am posting this in case anyone else has this issue. it is tutorial by Overground Comics that explains how to properly save your work for print:

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
on Mar 27, 2011 at 6:41:26 am

Try duplicating the layer and changing the blending mode to either overlay or soft light, to increase contrast, that may help you bring back the intensity of the color.

Return to posts index

Ryan Storm
on Mar 27, 2011 at 2:57:51 pm

thanks again David! i did find my solution that i posted just prior to your latest. the one with the video link in it.
haven't tried it yet but i will keep your suggestion in mind though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]