FORUMS: list search recent posts

batch convert multi-page pdfs? (some leads)

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Dougherty
batch convert multi-page pdfs? (some leads)
on Nov 3, 2010 at 8:15:07 pm

I posted this in the main PS forum but did not get any traction after about a week. I've done some research and came across some promising leads (not using PS) but they haven't panned out.

I'd prefer to do this in Photoshop but I don't know how automate telling it to open & save *every* page as a jpeg.

People in another forum and suggested Acrobat Pro. Using Acrobat Pro 9.0 (multi-page) export works but text gets funky. Not sure why since the same Mac (with Photoshop) will open a given page (manually selected) and do a beautiful job with text on the same pdf. The other challenge is to master Acrobat Pro's batch sequence process which I would try to learn but for the funky text.

Others suggested Apple's Preview "File>Print>PDF>Save PDF to iPhoto"
Preview loses the file name in the process (which Acrobat Pro retains adding a page# suffix) but the text looks fine.

Someone offered some javascript route but it appears to be way over my head.

Thanks in advance for any Photoshop (CS3 or CS4) batch suggestions.

Paul

Return to posts index

Lucy Orgill
Re: batch convert multi-page pdfs? (some leads)
on Feb 1, 2011 at 10:47:20 am

Hi Paul,

I think the batch processing options that were in photoshop are now within Adobe Bridge (under 'Tools') but I have not worked with this as yet so not sure on the quality or whether it will do what you need.

I had to do a similar thing last year with a pdf of lots of pages of slides that I had to link into an indesign file for digital print. I did this by

Exporting the pdf pages as seperate pages (in acrobat)
batch processing those pdf files to jpgs (graphicconverterX)

This worked really well for what I needed to do.

One other thing to mention is that most text in jpg files will be rasterised but I am guessing when you say 'funky' its more funky than it would normally be for jpg quality.

Hope this helps!

Return to posts index

Paul Dougherty
on Feb 1, 2011 at 2:29:16 pm

Thanks so much Lucy!

Return to posts index

Andrey Mihailov
on Sep 19, 2011 at 2:26:49 pm

Paul, try Ivan Image Converter v.3 to batch convert multipage PDF to JPG, etc.: http://ivanview.com/converter/pdf-batch-converter.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]