FORUMS: list search recent posts

72 dpi to 300 dpi

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Ferran
72 dpi to 300 dpi
on Sep 27, 2010 at 9:44:45 pm

I tried this over in the photoshop forum, but didn't get any responses, maybe its a basic question?

hey everyone.

was wondering if there was a way I could take a single frame of video captured with a screen snap and using photoshop blow it up to 300 dpi so it could be printed as a poster.

I basically want a frame of HD video that is originally captured at 72 dpi to look good enough to frame on the wall when printed out a poster size (24 X 36) how would I go about doing this? also would I need to change color settings to CMYK?

Thank you!

Charles Ferran
845-699-5270
http://www.charlesferran.com

"Far better is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with the poor spirits who neither enjoy much, nor suffer much because they live in a gray twilight that knows no victory or defeat."

Return to posts index

Bill Thomas
Re: 72 dpi to 300 dpi
on Sep 28, 2010 at 12:09:37 am

There are many softwares to do what you want, but be warned you'll never get the quality of a 300dpi image.

I've personally used genuine fractals and it does a decent job. Here's a list of others:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/increaseresolution/Increasing_Image_Resolu...

Return to posts index

David Johnson
on Sep 28, 2010 at 12:45:23 am

I too have used Genuine Fractals and was impressed with how well it scales images, although as Bill said, it's not really possible to get 300dpi out of 72dpi.

Before spending money on any third-party plugin, I'd test doing it with Photoshop's native tools and printing at the size you want ... I haven't done the math to see how close a 1920x1080 HD video image would get to 24x36" (assuming you meant inches, not feet), but it may get reasonably close.

Return to posts index

Cora Smith
on Aug 3, 2015 at 5:33:18 pm

Hey, I think you should refer to arttoframe society as they'd be able to help you in the best way just like they helped me through the canvas art.
Good Luck,
Cora

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]