FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hyperlinking Text

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Guevarra
Hyperlinking Text
on Aug 25, 2010 at 7:07:43 pm

Hello Creative Cows,

I just finished creating a fundraising party invite through PS CS3 that I'll be sending through email. I would like some of the different text to be hypelinks to web pages such as our donations page, our sponsors websites, etc.

I've been looking all over the web for a solution but can't seem to find a concrete answer. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can do this?

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks,
Chris Guevarra
seekingasianfemale.com
massmovementtv.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
Re: Hyperlinking Text
on Aug 26, 2010 at 4:28:50 pm

I believe you'll have to send an html based email if you want to embed links. You say you want to link to the text, but is it still text or is it now just a picture? If you search for some html codes, you should find some examples of what you want to do (a href, map, etc.)

Pauley

Return to posts index

Chris Guevarra
on Aug 26, 2010 at 4:53:07 pm

Thanks for the reply, Paul. It's much appreciated!

How would I go about sending an HTML based email through say... gmail?

Sorry about it being such a noob question but I'm fairly new to this and I'm temporarily working on some stuff that's for our web designer who hasn't been hired yet. I really appreciate the help very much.

Thanks,
Chris Guevarra
seekingasianfemale.com

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
on Aug 27, 2010 at 7:12:00 pm

No, I don't know how to do it in Gmail. Maybe you can create the webpage in Word (or other web designer tool) and then paste it into your email? I know that I have pasted tables and lists from excel/word into my email and it converts it to html (or rich text).

Pauley

Return to posts index

Chris Guevarra
on Aug 27, 2010 at 10:36:56 pm

Aey! That worked! Brilliant and clever idea, Paul! I can't thank you enough!

Thanks,
Chris Guevarra
seekingasianfemale.com

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
on Aug 28, 2010 at 3:49:00 am

Glad it worked. I'm curious. Was it all still editable text that you assigned the link to? Or, was the invite a picture, and, if so, how did you choose which areas would be active links?

Pauley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]