FORUMS: list search recent posts

resolution for hobby drawing

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dawud Ali
on Aug 2, 2010 at 9:57:46 pm

hi guys i really want to know what is a good res to work with when making hobby drawings.

1050x576 is wide screen but that is tinny and much smaller than an A4 file which is a good thing. but should i go straight for A4 if i wanted to host my work on the internet or printing out in A4

tnks for ur time

Return to posts index

kelly johnson
Re: resolution for hobby drawing
on Aug 5, 2010 at 2:22:09 pm

Personally, I always think of what the drawing needs first, then that I will probably want to print it out (so I stick at 300 dpi at least at A4) and then, for internet viewing I just re-crop to the desired width and keep the height proportional and at 72ppi.

Better to have enough resolution for printing up to 1.2x the actual size and be able to crop it back then to have to rely on a plug-in to res-it up, though nowadays, there are some pretty good ones out there.

Return to posts index

Dawud Ali
on Aug 10, 2010 at 6:07:14 pm

tnks for the reply

so basically go with, make big image files then scale them down as desired to avoid pixelattion.

i was wondering about the 300dpi to 72, is there some kind of conversion or simply can the dpi be changed when you 'save as' and change the dpi value? and one last thing,i think i was taught the following and just making sure is 300dpi preferred or required for printing and 72 is ok for internet?

Return to posts index

kelly johnson
on Aug 10, 2010 at 6:11:04 pm

What you want to do is, after you have the hi-res done. Select the crop tool. You'll notice in the boxes across the top that you can enter width and height and resolution.

What you can do is enter a specific height or width, leaving the other blank so it will be proportional and then type 72 in the resolution box.

Drag the cropping tool around your image to select the crop, hit return and bam....save you file with a different name.

If you put dimensions in both boxes, the as you click and drag the cropping tool, you'll see the outline of the crop and can do it that way.

Return to posts index

Dawud Ali
on Aug 13, 2010 at 1:38:06 pm

Ahh cool thanks i might have never noticed that

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]