FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flaming Pear plugings

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mary Konczyk
Flaming Pear plugings
on Jul 5, 2010 at 7:56:50 pm

Hello all!

I've been using Flaming Pear's SuperBladePro plugin. (Yeah, I've heard that plugins are for amateurs, but that's what I am, and I have lots of fun with them).

Some file associated with this plugin has become corrupted (I think), since it causes Photoshop (CS) to crash whenever I apply it. I've had no response from Flaming Pear and no luck finding the problem file in my Library (Mac OS 10.5) in order to delete it. Reinstalling the plugin didn't work; it seems the reinstall did not overwrite whatever auxiliary files the plugin uses.

Does anyone know any fixes for corrupted plugins?
Or some possible locations for corrupted plugin files on a Mac?

Or a plugin from a different company that does similar things?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave Johnson
Re: Flaming Pear plugings
on Jul 23, 2010 at 8:03:32 pm

It's been some years since I've used or had installed any of the Flaming Pear plugins so I can't offer direct details, but instead of just reinstalling the plugin over the original install, I'd try this:

[1] uninstall it completely following the developer's instructions explicitly (from the manual or website)
[2] manually search your system for any related folders the uninstall may have missed and delete them
[3] download the most current installer from the developer's website even if it appears to be the same version you have already (many plugin developers are better at writing software than at updating their websites or correctly identifying minor updates)
[4] completely re-install the plugin

By the way, as far as "I've heard that plugins are for amateurs", my experience throughout my 20 years in the TV business has been that it's more often than not amateurs who say that since they've never had to consistently produce on deadline and, therefore, don't realize the whole reason most plugins exist is to allow professionals to do in an hour what would would otherwise take two hours ... it's true that 90% of plugins merely replicate things that can be done with native tools ... the key is that they do it faster and, as any real professional understands intimately, time is money.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]