FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't select multiple layers!

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Popowych
Can't select multiple layers!
on Jun 30, 2010 at 5:40:12 pm

Searched on the forum and didn't find an answer...if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. I've tried shift-select, command, command shift, everything and no luck. Also I deleted the photoshop preferences--a few things changed but still can't select multiple layers. This is driving me crazy! Thanks for any help

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
Re: Can't select multiple layers!
on Jul 2, 2010 at 4:26:19 am

Which version are you using? On the canvas you need shift, on the layers palette you need command, but be sure to click away from the thumbnail, preferably on the gray space right next to the layer's name.

Return to posts index

Christina Rodriguez
on Jul 2, 2010 at 6:49:49 pm

Here is a trick I use in older versions of Photoshop (where you cannot select multiple layers)...

1. What I do is make a new bin...

2. Then, starting with the bottom most layer you want to move into the bin, (as an example, Layer 1) option-click between layer 1 and 2, and continue to do this to all of the layers you need to move.

You may see some funky stuff happen (basically your making the first layer a mask to the rest of the layers you option click).

Now, move just layer 1 into the bin... And all of the other layers that you option-clicked should follow. Now just option click between layer one and two... and viola, everything should go back to normal.

This works assuming that all of the layers you want to move are sitting either above or below each other.

C.R.

Return to posts index

Alex Popowych
on Jul 20, 2010 at 7:05:31 pm

I'm using Cs3...command and shift don't work, either on the palette or the canvas. What I'm trying to do is use autostitch to combine a bunch of layers, so I don't think the bin solution above will work. It sounds like I should be able to just shift click a few layers and go ahead and stitch. Hopefully there is a preference or a button somewhere I can just click off--this is a key part of photoshop and I don't think a workaround would be satisfactory. Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]