FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rasterized TEXT

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Haefner
Rasterized TEXT
on Jun 22, 2010 at 5:41:41 am

Hello All;

First timer in the PhotoShop forum... so another - hello.

I have a text look that I created on a past project, and I would really like to use again.

I am a video guy, so I believe when finalized this TEXT image of NAMES I

Filter > Video > Deinterlaced -- at the point a message apprears --- this text will no longer be editable

HOW DO I GET INTO THAT? I really do not remember how I created the look to this text, I tried duplicating it, but can not get it.

When I click into the TEXT w Text Tool --- Photoshop automatically creates a NEW Layer?? Any and all help greatly appreciated...

Return to posts index

Christina Rodriguez
Re: Rasterized TEXT
on Jun 22, 2010 at 6:28:37 pm

My first thought is why would you want to de-interlace your text? What is your end product? VIdeo Print? web? I never de-interlace for any reason though. I think the only reason you'd want to to use this (or what its meant for) is if you are using stills from DV video.

I don't quite understand what you mean when you say "...so I believe when finalized this TEXT image of NAMES I "

That being said, at least in the version of photoshop that I have, you cannot apply a filter to a text layer. You need to rasterize it first. So duplicate you original text so you don't lose edit-ability.

If you want to make the same effect every time on various titles, I would learn about how to make an action.

C.R.

Return to posts index

James Haefner
on Jun 22, 2010 at 8:48:08 pm

thanks for your reply -- I did plead ignorance on the subject

it is text -- going to video as a PNG... I made the mistake of saving the MASTER text look that I like

therefore -- I will attempt to ask again --- how do I step-backward this process to I can manipulate // change the name in the text --- keeping the same look?

ACTION -- learn action -- copy that --- just you // or someone get me through this dilemma... thanks

Return to posts index

Christina Rodriguez
on Jun 22, 2010 at 9:03:49 pm

If you saved over it and closed the file... you cannot recover.

But if you saved and left it open,
you can see in your history
window and go as far back as possible.

And in the effects you made, were they in the effects panel? (Not the filters panel)? In that case, you can save your look as a style and apply it to other objects.

Hope this helps.

C.R.

Return to posts index

Louis McLellan
on Jun 23, 2010 at 6:13:17 am

Indeed, if you did save it, you can't go backwards, however you could put it in your NLE system and export the footage as deinterlaced.

Editor, Sound Designer, Stop-Motion Animator, Lighting, and Pack Mule

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]