FORUMS: list search recent posts

locked pictures

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glen Heighton
locked pictures
on Apr 23, 2010 at 5:01:56 pm

New to using Photoshop, just bought CS4 for the mac and having a few teething problems. When i try to make layers for the photograph (that i have taken) there is a small padlock symbol next to the initial layer, is there a way to remove this as it seems to be stopping me from doing things, like making new layers!!

Waiting patiently!

many thanks
Glen

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Ned Dickert
Re: locked pictures
on Apr 23, 2010 at 6:14:00 pm

Its locked as the background. Double click on the layer in the palette and it will ask you to rename it, probably "layer 0". Then you are good to go.

Ned Dickert
Communication Coordinator
Arlington Independent Media

Return to posts index

Glen Heighton
on Apr 23, 2010 at 8:25:03 pm

Thanks for taking the time in answering what must appear to be a basic question. Very much appreciated! with a little luck and a lot of time, i think i will enjoy the learning process!

Thanks again

Glen

Return to posts index

Ned Dickert
on Apr 23, 2010 at 9:08:08 pm

You're welcome Glen, everyone has to start sometime!

Ned Dickert

Return to posts index

Glen Heighton
on Apr 26, 2010 at 6:23:49 pm

Hi Ned,
Thanks again so much for the help you gave, im now enjoying creating my own Masterpieces! (well, im happy with them anyway!)

If i can be as rude as to ask one more piece of advice, normally when i send something to the printer, it asks me what quality i would like, draft, etc,,,,

But when i choose print from the photoshop menu, it doesn't seem to offer me the choice, and as a result, the printed out picture looks a little 'grainey' almost like the setup was trying to save on ink!

The Ink is almost new, so im presuming that there is something else i am missing out on.

Please dont feel you have to keep answering my questions, but if you do have the time, it would be greatly appreciated!

kindest regards

Glen

Return to posts index

Ned Dickert
on Apr 26, 2010 at 6:36:33 pm

No problem.

So when you go to file->print you should see a preview on the left and then lots of options on the right. Make sure to click on available buttons like "preferences" or "settings" or whatever they may be. Also remember you have settings for the printer as well. Make sure you have the right paper settings selected in the photoshop dialog and the printer dialog. If you go through the buttons and the drop down menus you should be able to find all the settings you need.

Ned Dickert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]