FORUMS: list search recent posts

My eraser tool - black

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenneth Sutton
My eraser tool - black
on Apr 15, 2010 at 1:49:15 pm

I'm relatively new to photoshop and I'm trying to make some posters right now with normal black text. I just used the eraser tool and instead of erasing my text, it's giving me a black streak. I've changed the foreground and background colors to white, but it's still erasing black. How do I get this to erase in a normal white color? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ned Dickert
Re: My eraser tool - black
on Apr 15, 2010 at 6:41:03 pm

You might have the erase to history box checked. Its in the tool bar all the way to the right.

Ned Dickert
Communication Coordinator
Arlington Independent Media

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Apr 17, 2010 at 7:46:40 pm

1. Use Layers... you are erasing to background
2. PS is too complex to not start with a book... take a look in Cow store and choose a good starter book.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Kenneth Sutton
on Jun 24, 2010 at 2:39:08 pm

Hello Mr. Harrington,

Sounds good. What's a good book that you recommend for someone who was raised on Windows PaintBox and wants to get into Photoshop? I also have Adobe Photoshop CS3 so I would like it to focus on that instead of CS4. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Christina Rodriguez
on Jul 2, 2010 at 6:56:23 pm

Look for a used book at Amazon.com... http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-...

C.R.

Return to posts index

Gunther Akers
on Feb 4, 2016 at 10:37:30 pm

You don't need a book man. We have google. You got a problem in photoshop you don't understand? Google it, Youtube it. You can work through anything now and learn as you go. Youtube tutorials are the best college you can take, I swear.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Feb 6, 2016 at 3:20:20 pm

...or the worst college, depending on whose YouTube channel you end up on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]