FORUMS: list search recent posts

passport photos

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anthony Faulkner
passport photos
on Feb 2, 2010 at 11:49:03 pm

How do I resize a large JPG into a passport size photo without it getting super pixelated?

thanks

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
Re: passport photos
on Feb 5, 2010 at 1:51:58 am

With today's cameras I would imagine you have plenty of resolution so as to avoid pixelization.

First, I would make sure the picture is 300dpi. It is done through a dialog box, Image->Image Size, I believe. When you change the dpi, the dimensions will change for the image, but you are not losing any pixels.

If the image is exactly what you want, then you can use the same dialog box to set the dimensions and you should be done.

If not, next I would turn on the rulers to use as a reference, since the passport photo needs to be a specific size. If you know how to drag down guidelines from the rulers do that (it's easy, just click in the ruler and drag into the document. A line should appear, but it will not be part of the true picture).

Then you should shrink the picture to fit into the correct dimensions. You can shrink it either by using the transform function (Ctrl-T) or using Image->Image Size. You can crop the picture if it makes it look better. The pixelization should not be a problem.

Pauley

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Feb 21, 2010 at 2:06:13 am

Select Crop tool

Type in size into Options bar and set resolution of 200 ppi

Crop

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

John Mensinger
on Feb 5, 2010 at 12:32:19 pm

Also, when resampling to smaller sizes, choose the method "Bicubic Sharper" at the bottom of the Image Size dialog box.

John M:
All of the vim with none of that annoying vigor.

Return to posts index

Christina Rodriguez
on Jun 19, 2010 at 12:38:02 am

Easy... (assuming this is a High Res Photo)... with the crop tool selected, at the top (under your menu) there should be some areas where you can input numbers... Type in the width in inches (example: 3 in) and height (in inches) that your picture need to be. And in DPI (or resolution) type 300.

Then crop the image, making sure your head is where it is supposed to be and it will shrink it down.

You need to follow certain directions for passport photos, that you can get from the US government website. Just search "passport photo instructions"

C.R.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]