FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export to files: PNG w/clippingmask

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelly Johnson
Export to files: PNG w/clippingmask
on Jan 31, 2010 at 4:49:45 pm

"Export to layers" under the Automate menu.. I have a multi-layer file with a clipping mask at the very bottom. I am saving out PNG files for import into a Flash app.

The script will only honor the immediate layer above the clipping mask and saves an entire image for all other layers.

Each layer is clipped and shows as such in PS. I can, of course, manually save out each layer but then again..why would I when this script is available?

Any ideas or setting notes that will allow this script to honor the clipping mask throughout all the layers?

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Export to files: PNG w/clippingmask
on Jan 31, 2010 at 7:07:53 pm

Apply layer masks to the layers by loading clipping mask as a selection the select layers and choose Add Layer mask at bottom of Layers panel

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Kelly Johnson
on Feb 1, 2010 at 2:11:37 am

Thanks Richard. Though I had to apply the mask layer-by-layer running the script still saved time in the end!

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Feb 21, 2010 at 2:06:47 am

Youre welcome.. every little bit helps... I use the script all teh time

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]