FORUMS: list search recent posts

art collector needs advice about photoshop to get higer resolution

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Titus
art collector needs advice about photoshop to get higer resolution
on Oct 5, 2009 at 11:05:19 pm

Hi, I collect paintings and am having problems trying to ID the artist's signature.I have a few signed paintings but when I download another painting by the same artist to compare the signature I can't get the picture I downloaded clear enough to see if the signatures match.I have been successful on a few paintings by adjusting the brightness and contrast enough to make a positive id.If I make the image size bigger or try to change the resolution it gets to blurry to read.I have had a little success by inverting the photo I am using to compare but depending on the color of the painting it only works about 25% of the time. I used to do this alot a few years ago when I used photoshop every day and it worked great 95 % of the time but I have been really busy and haven't even used photoshop other than for simple stuff in about 2 years and forgot most of the tricks I used to know.Can anyone give me any suggestions to how I can adjust the photos or sugest any filters so I can get a good look at the artist's signature to compare the signature on my paintings with.Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: art collector needs advice about photoshop to get higer resolution
on Oct 6, 2009 at 1:12:38 am

GIGO - Garbage in Garbage Out

You can't get a crisp image from a low-res source.''

I suggest you contact the artists in question, or estates/pick up a high res book to do what you are looking for.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Irene Cavanaugh
on Oct 18, 2009 at 6:41:49 am

why not try going back to being the person that could do this shit in his sleep instead of "milking" I'm to fried to remember, your better than this Dan, you have not forgotten this shit its there just dig it out. Dan I still care enough about you to be sitting up at 02:27 sending you this message. You have changed more lately than I have ever seen you change, cant help but wonder if it has anything to do with the Arachnoid or maybe you are seeing someone else. If you are seeing someone else its none of my business but if you are seeing someone else well that just changes things a BIT.
Got some good advice
If he is stupid enough to walk away
Be smart enough to let him go, goodbye Dan.

Return to posts index

Matt Radbourne
on Oct 22, 2009 at 1:03:55 pm

Try fiddling with the gamma and exposure in Image > Adjustments > Exposure

For upscaling images, I'd recommend Genuine Fractals
http://www.ononesoftware.com/detail.php?prodLine_id=7
I don't think that would help you much though, to be honest.

Good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]