FORUMS: list search recent posts

cs4 windows question

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emily Carmichael
cs4 windows question
on Jul 18, 2009 at 12:50:45 pm

Switched to CS4 a few weeks ago.
Somehow, the tops of my document windows keep getting stuck under the toolbar on top, so I keep having to go to Cascade All so I can move them around.

I checked out Managing Windows and Panels... which seems like it should really have the answer, but it's probably something really obvious....

Return to posts index

Peter Berthet
Re: cs4 windows question
on Jul 25, 2009 at 6:26:14 am

use apple quicklook

~Peter Berthet
Sydney, Australia

Return to posts index

Emily Carmichael
hmm, still could use a hand...
on Jul 25, 2009 at 8:30:32 pm

I think one of us isn't understanding the other!

Return to posts index

Dave Johnson
Re: hmm, still could use a hand...
on Jul 30, 2009 at 9:00:52 pm

I'd be willing to bet what your experiencing is related to what the person who started this thread in the main PS forum is experiencing:

CS4 Issue I've Never Seen Before... by Dean Stapleton on Jul 19, 2009 at 12:51:21 am

I work on both Macs & Windows machines daily, but have stuck with CS3 on all of them for now so I've never seen these issues before on either platform over the course of many years, which leads me to believe its either a CS4 bug or a conflict between CS4 and some other software, which seems more likely since there'd be countless posts about it if it didn't only occur in particular situations. I'd post in the Adobe forums and also contact Adobe support directly.

Sorry I couldn't be more help than that and good luck!

Return to posts index

Emily Carmichael
on Jul 31, 2009 at 1:05:21 pm

I know, right? I was thinking the two might be related. Also that that's some crazy **** with that dude's photoshop.

Return to posts index

Dave Johnson
on Jul 31, 2009 at 5:39:26 pm

When you contact Adobe via support or the forums (I'd suggest both), include as much detail as possible ... for example, I'd guess that the first question anyone will ask is whether this happened from day one after you installed CS4 or started at some point thereafter since the latter would imply that an installation of some other software or some other change to your system created some type of conflict.

These kinds of things are among the main reasons I don't update my most critical software until/unless I see significant benefits to do doing so. My opinion is that, with anything technology-based, its usually best to stay cutting edge, but leave the bleeding edge trailblazing to people who are more focused on the tools than the craft so I can continue to make a living while the bugs that are inherent to any release of complex software are worked out.

Return to posts index

Julie Meridian
on Aug 7, 2009 at 12:19:40 am

Hi Emily--sorry to hear you're running into this, it is a known issue.

If you get a document stuck under there again, another option besides Cascade is to use the Tab key to temporarily hide your panels/bars. That should enable you to select your document and move it to a more accessible spot; hit the Tab key again and your panels will return.

Another approach you could take to keep your documents & panels tidy is to gather them in one window, by using Window > Application Frame. This has some handy behaviors for managing multiple documents, and you can still float documents as needed (say, for putting one on a second monitor). Some Mac users swear by it, others swear at it; you can decide if it's right for you. :)

Return to posts index

Emily Carmichael
on Aug 7, 2009 at 12:45:03 am

Oh, thanks so much Julie! That's very helpful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]