FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deleting a background to make transparent

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaxon Bridge
Deleting a background to make transparent
on Jun 28, 2009 at 3:56:27 am

Why is it that on some images, if I magic wand and delete, or use the eraser, I get a transparent hole or background, but on others, I get a black color? How can I get a transparent background if my source is a JPG that is leaving a black background instead?

Jaxon

Vegas 7 Pro

Return to posts index

TC Perchert
Re: Deleting a background to make transparent
on Jun 29, 2009 at 2:12:43 pm

Duplicate the layer and work on the new layer, not the background layer. This will also keep your original layer intact in case you need to go back to it.
TC

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Anna Haas
Re: Deleting a background to make transparent
on Jul 15, 2009 at 11:12:40 am

You can also after making your careful selection of the area inverse the selection (that will chose the part you want) and do a copy and a paste. This will cause a new layer to be made of just the selection on a transparent background. You will still have the original below that you can use to clean up any areas that are missing. You then can output the file in a transparent file such as a PNG or Giff which will allow you to use it transparently in a website. Or if you do a mask of the layer you can use it transparently in After Effects. In either case when you are finished you can chose to hide the unwanted layers or merely delete them.

Frustrated in Seattle

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]