FORUMS: list search recent posts

exporting animations for use in FCP

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe jukes
exporting animations for use in FCP
on May 23, 2009 at 3:01:44 pm

Hi.

I have made an animation in Photoshop CS4, which I would like to use as a part of my showreel in FCP(5).

The animation is based on a video file, which I have rotoscoped so that the element I want is the only thing that remains. This is on a transparent background. Then I added some other elements mainly in Tif format, which I animated using tweens in the animation pallet.

Basically what i have ended up with Is a (rotoscoped video) Snowboarder jumping over an animated Image. The snowboarder is a black outline with a white filling and the rest of it is black outlines on transparent background.

I need to export into FCP (or Premiere Pro) I'v tried to save it in numerous ways, .mov, .avi, .gif and every time the result is a sort of messy inverted version, where instead of a transparent B/G, it is black, the snowboarder is solid white, and the rest of it is sort of distorted white bits.

I hope you can understand that gibberish mess I have just written, and if you can, come out with some helpful advice for someone who is about to kill himself.

Thanks very much....joe.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: exporting animations for use in FCP
on Jun 21, 2009 at 1:59:36 am

File > export

choose a codec like animation that supports alpha.. specify millions colors +

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]