FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't Choose a Font

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Benson
Can't Choose a Font
on Apr 24, 2009 at 4:01:55 am

Weird. Adobe Photoshop CS4 with WinXP. Fonts that appear with my Character Map application and Word do not show up in Photoshop in the font dropdown list. The one I am trying to use is a true type font.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Pauley

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Can't Choose a Font
on Apr 26, 2009 at 11:56:44 am

Does the font actually work in Character Map or Word? Perhaps the font is corrupted.?
It could be a conflict issue that occurs when Premiere is launched.

Maybe try running NexusFont to look for issues, it has some diangostic functions similar to Font Doctor.

Vince

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
on Apr 28, 2009 at 3:17:37 am

You might be on to something...
The font (Simplified Arabic Fixed) looks fine in character map, when I double click on the font file in its folder, and even the preview in Word. However, when I apply the font to some text in Word, it does not change to the font.

I'll have to see where that font originally came from.

Thanks,
Pauley

Return to posts index

Mark Warren
on Jul 15, 2009 at 7:17:29 pm

Photoshop is very particular about which fonts it will load. If you can't see a font in the drop down list in Photoshop, it is because Photoshop has tested it and found some type of problem.

Return to posts index

David Michaels
on Oct 15, 2009 at 10:48:24 pm

My fonts (Arial Narrow, e.g.) are installed, do work normally in Word, and also work normally (and successfully) in the Character Map. Uninstalling, reinstalling, removing the Photoshop font list, etc., has not caused them to appear. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. This font family has been used inside many of my documents, all of which are now complaining on my new computer. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]