FORUMS: list search recent posts

background layer

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lillian Berge
background layer
on Mar 25, 2009 at 9:48:15 pm

Hi,
I have a background layer in photoshop and I would like to add a few more images on this background. How do I do this? I have set my background layer to layer 0, but I don´t know if that is right or what to do further. I am new to this so I would really appreciate some step by step explanation?

Thank you,
L

Return to posts index

Abraham Chaffin
Re: background layer
on Mar 25, 2009 at 9:57:36 pm

Generally you don't need to modify a layer to add something to it. You create a new layer (push new layer button in layers window) and then add what you want to that new layer (after you select that new layer as the active layer). That way you didn't destroy the original contents and you can alway turn on and off layers that you don't want (using the eye visibility). If you want to modify content on a layer you can duplicate that layer and then modify it, preserving a copy of the original.

Adjustment layers and masks are also great ways to make non-destructive modifications to layers.

Check out the Photoshop tutorials and podcasts for great information to get you started.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Lillian Berge
on Mar 25, 2009 at 10:21:27 pm

Thanks Abraham,

I have now made a new layer, but I still can´t import/add another image to this new layer? Can I do that or did I misunderstand you? my images are on my desktop, I seems like I can only import one image at the time or it only changes out my previous image with the new one?

Lillian

Return to posts index

Abraham Chaffin
on Mar 25, 2009 at 10:26:35 pm

You can use place instead to place other images into the document you are working in. File menu > Place.

You should take a look at the Photoshop tutorials and podcasts available here at Creative COW to get you started with some of these concepts.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Lillian Berge
on Mar 25, 2009 at 10:28:28 pm

Thanks so much Abraham, I will look at the tutorials :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]