FORUMS: list search recent posts

Printing problem

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Orban
Printing problem
on Mar 12, 2009 at 10:05:11 am

I know, I THINK, what the problem is but don't know how to fix it.

I have a photograph of a student in Photoshop set to print. When I go to retrieve the print job from the printer, the portrait appears to be elongated, i.e., as if the picture was "squashed" to fit on the paper. I've set the margins to "zero"..ie. given the maximum amount of page space on the paper (printing to 8 1/2 X 11). I've tried landscape and portrait printing, but the result is the same.

I am getting a message prior to printing about the printer not recognizing postscript commands and some sort of adjustment is being made. That might be it...or...

It might have something to do with pixel aspect ratio (although I don't get a "warning" about that when the photo opens) but can't seem to find where in the menus to fix it.

What I'm trying to do is print out a photo of a student with a 1" X 1" grid on top so that the student can use it to draw a self-portrait in pencil.

Interestingly, when the picture is printed, the 1" X 1" grid is more like 3/4" X 3/4"...it too got squashed.

The picture looks great on the computer screen and even in the print preview, but crappy when printed out.

Any thoughts on what's happening?

Thanks,
John

Return to posts index

ekim wahs
Re: Printing problem
on Mar 12, 2009 at 11:43:52 pm

You can check Pixel Aspect Ration in the View/Pixel Aspect Ratio menu. Make sure it is set to Square.

Is Scaled Print Size set at anything other than 100% for scale?

Mike Shaw
Photoshop QE

Return to posts index

John Orban
Re: Printing problem
on Mar 27, 2009 at 7:10:28 pm

Sorry for taking so long, but those two settings are correct. it's just so weird.

When I look at the portrait on my MacBook Pro the portrait on the screen does look like the portrait on the printout.

However the screen on my Dell 24" monitor makes the portrait image look "rounder"...not elongated. I think it's a problem with my computer graphic settings. I think the picture is SUPPOSED to be "elongated".

Thanks for your help, though.

John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]