FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need help with complex masking - software suggestions?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Annie Sweeney
Need help with complex masking - software suggestions?
on Feb 25, 2009 at 7:42:59 pm

Hi

I am fairly new to Photoshop (CS3) and am taking classes but I am finding that with my own work I have difficult situations when trying to remove or change a background on my photos. You know, hair, trees, those things that just defy you from marking around them and in between them and getting a professional look. I am going bald trying to get a photo of my son out of a like colored unattractive, background and into a plain softly colored complementary background. His hair gets cut off, edges of his body insist on attaching themselves to the background, I can't get that bit of the background in the curls of his hair etc.

I have noticed some software online that supposedly makes masking/layers easy. Hah!? Can anyone tell me if there really is some good software that can help me with my masking traumas so that I can get a clean, professional looking masking separation? Right now I just want to throw the whole thing out the window.

Thanks in advance
Annie

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Need help with complex masking - software suggestions?
on Feb 28, 2009 at 2:56:22 am

Download demo to Vertus Fluid mask

Also watch Cow Photoshop tutorials on Masking and Calculations

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Gil Dizon
on Mar 10, 2009 at 1:56:03 pm

Thank you, I will also try your suggestions for masking being that I'm new to photoshop.

Red Worms Worm Bin

Return to posts index

Jori Curry
on Mar 10, 2009 at 8:15:30 pm

I suggest Mask Pro 4 (http://www.ononesoftware.com/detail.php?prodLine_id=4). It's probably the best masking software on the market, and eliminates having to use Alpha Channels for high end masking. Good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]