FORUMS: list search recent posts

Having trouble selecting correct area for alpha channel

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan John
Having trouble selecting correct area for alpha channel
on Feb 10, 2009 at 4:55:24 pm

I created a very simple logo in PS I using two text layers, and white background under them. I am trying to export the logo for use in After Effects, so I want to create an alpha channel.

What I am doing is using the Color Range selector to select the white background (this what I want to remove) and selecting the save channel button to create the alpah. For some reason it keeps turning the logo itself red, indicating that's what it will use as the alpha. Basically, I want to invert this. How do I do so?

Return to posts index

Dave Johnson
Re: Having trouble selecting correct area for alpha channel
on Feb 11, 2009 at 10:11:51 pm

A much easier way to get the same result is to turn of the white background layer you put under your text layers, save it that way as a PSD, and import it into AE without merging the layers (import as a comp rather than as footage). If you can't turn off the white background layer, it's because it's a true "background layer" ... just double click it in the layers window, which will convert it back to a regular layer and, thus, allow you to turn it off.

With that said, to answer you question more literally, invert your selection (CNTRL+SHFT+I) before creating the alpha channel.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]