FORUMS: list search recent posts

Automate Aspect Ratio change

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elizabeth McGraw-Austin
Automate Aspect Ratio change
on Feb 9, 2009 at 5:23:24 pm

Hello,
I want to automate Photoshop CS3 to change the ratio of a series of stills from 720x540 (they were converted from PPT) to 720x480. I plugged in 720x480 to the Image Processor, but I'm getting 641x480.
I see that I can't use Image Processor to change the aspect ratio, so I looked at Batch processes and didn't see a tool for what I want to do. Am I missing something? I am able to change the file sizes individually, manually, but I have 180 files!
I realize that what I want to do will stretch the images horizontally, but that's OK!
Any thoughts?
Elizabeth

Return to posts index

Dave Johnson
Re: Automate Aspect Ratio change
on Feb 10, 2009 at 11:25:43 pm

I frequently do a similar batch process (720x486 rectangular pix to 720x540 square pix) in order to send clients screenshots for them to approve without them asking "why does that circle look like an egg?".

Just record an Action as you make the changes to one of the images, then use batch process to do the rest. Go get a frosty beverage and, when you come back, your work is done. ;~)

Note that, if you're going from square pix to rectangular pix, you'll not only need to change the image size, but also the aspect ratio (and don't be tricked by Photoshop's annoying "aspect ratio correction", which only affects what you see in Photoshop, not the actual image). It's hard to say exactly what is best to do without seeing the images in question, but you might consider cropping instead of stretching, if the content of the images will allow that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]