FORUMS: list search recent posts

PS image has artifacts when imported to Video Editor FCP

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Troy Lanier
PS image has artifacts when imported to Video Editor FCP
on Jan 21, 2009 at 6:56:32 am

I am trying to import a CS3 image into Final Cut Pro 5. The image looks great in PS and terrible in FCP. Artifacts are evident in the movie timeline, and become even more evident when I render the file. I have tried flattening it, saving it as a flat TIFF, JPG, and PNG.

Actually, the artifacts are not terrible when I view it on my 30 in Apple monitor, but the end product is being shown on a 70 in TV, and the artifacts are rather obvious and most pronounced around text.

Could I do something differently in Photoshop to prepare the image for FCP? The photoshop preset for DVCPROHD was not used when designing the image. Maybe that is it? Is the way I am saving it the problem? Or maybe final cut is creating the artifacts.

Details:

1. I have a 1920x1080 image in photoshop, and it looks great. It is only composed of solid colors and text. screenshot:

Here is an example of the text at 100 percent

and an example at 800 percent.

2. When imported to FCP into a DCPROHD timeline, before rendering, it looks unrendered, as expected. It has artifacts already though, and I really need to get rid of these before it gets to final cut.

3. But when I render it, it looks even worse with lots of artifacts. Specifically, the blue area has lots of blues, and this looks terrible on the 70 in screen the client has purchased.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: PS image has artifacts when imported to Video Editor FCP
on Jan 28, 2009 at 12:18:26 am

Make sure that the graphic is at teh exact size you want in PS so it matches FCP pixel to pixel (ie build 1920 X 1080)

Make sure your timeline in FCP had Motion Filtering set to best.

Make sure you are rendering at full quality.

Render to Pro-Res if possbile

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]