FORUMS: list search recent posts

Legitimate CS3 Web Premium for Mac seller?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Wiersema
Legitimate CS3 Web Premium for Mac seller?
on Jan 20, 2009 at 3:48:49 am

Hi,
I'm looking to purchase CS3. I'd love to get CS4, but it doesn't fit into my budget right now. Can anyone tell me some legitimate stores (online or brick&mortar) to purchase CS3 Web Premium for Mac? I've found such a range of prices, I've become confused/worried.

Thank you everyone,

Joel

Return to posts index

TC Perchert
Re: Legitimate CS3 Web Premium for Mac seller?
on Jan 21, 2009 at 5:32:28 pm

Well, Adobe is always a good source.
If you want discount software, you could try http://www.softwaresurplus.com - I haven't used them but I know people that have and been satisfied.

Return to posts index

Annie Sweeney
on Feb 25, 2009 at 7:31:54 pm

I just purchased CS3 Web Premium for $400 from Ztech Software. It was on clearance. It came a week ago and has everything in it. Now I just need to learn how to use everything!

Annie

Return to posts index

Vic Noseworthy
on Jun 10, 2009 at 3:53:59 am

Hey Annie,
Thanks for your input regarding third party sellers of Adobe's Creative Suite. I'm interested in purchasing CS4 and, like others, am finding the difference in price between third party sellers and Adobe to be unbelievable. For example, Adobe charges about $1,700, while some companies sell it for around $550. How can there be so much difference? If this is legit, wouldn't I be crazy to pay $1,700??? Are these companies selling illegal copies, or just out to rip me off? I mean, what's up? I really want to order the program(s), but don't know what to do. Any thoughts? Do you know how these third party companies can sell for so much less?
Thanks so much!
Vic

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Jun 10, 2009 at 12:49:35 pm

Don't confuse new versus Upgrade pricing

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
on Jun 10, 2009 at 2:22:46 pm

[Vic Noseworthy] "...some companies sell it for around $550."

Yes, and I have seen some that will sell it to you for $20. Of course, it won't come with a serial number and the DVD-Rs will all be handwritten with a magic marker, but hey, what's a few viruses between friends?

;o)

As Richard warns: don't let those selling upgrade software confuse you with advertising upgrade pricing -- if you don't have the legal preceding version, the upgrade will do you no good.

Also, I can't tell you the number of people over the years that have bought software on eBay, for example, only to find it was an illegal version and they were left high and dry because the company closed their account and moved on before they could get their money back.

My dear ole sainted Dad used to tell me that if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. And as always, Dad was right.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
creativecow.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]