FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolution

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Crawley
Resolution
on Jan 12, 2009 at 10:37:13 pm

OK I have a picture from a canon 20d dslr 8.2 mp. 2336 x 3504 pixels, 32.444" by 48.667" in size at 72 dpi image. I opened the image in adobe photoshop cs3 (jpeg) image is a 2 to 3 ratio. I wanted a small area across the top cropped out Using the crop tool set at 4x6 I cropped out just a small amount at top corner, keeping almost all of the image. quality set at highest. Image is now 4x6 at 300dpi
1200 x 1800 pixels = 2.16mp I no longer have the original picture.
I realize I cannot regain the cropped out part of the picture (don't want it anyway) but can I regain the original pixel count for the cropped portion of the picture, If I left the crop size blank when I cropped it it's size would of been roughly 2200 x 3400 pixels 7.48mp, and not the 2.16mp I end up with
I tried going to file-image-image size and changed the sizes and resolution but I don't seem to get the original quality back in order to make a large print, and I don't even know if it's possible? Thanks Pat

Return to posts index

Micah McDowell
Re: Resolution
on Jan 13, 2009 at 8:13:31 pm

If you saved over the original file, I don't know if there's any way of getting back what you lost. Resizing back to the original size won't give you a significant increase in quality; it'll just make it bigger.

Return to posts index

Patrick Crawley
Re: Resolution
on Jan 14, 2009 at 1:43:24 am

I saved it as a copy and deleted original by accident. I'm wondering if the pixels were just compressed to make the 4x6 at 300 dpi, and if I increase the size that ther will decompress

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]