FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edge Refine In Photoshop CS3/CS4

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antoni Jones
Edge Refine In Photoshop CS3/CS4
on Dec 17, 2008 at 12:53:26 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm a pretty new user to Photoshop and was wondering if you could help me with the "edge refine" tool. I must be missing something but I make my selection and then click on the Edge Refine button to refine the edge and it's fine. The problem is when I decide I want to refine the edge further, click on the same button and refine it further it shows in the Preview window but the changes are not applied to the current selection. So my question is then am I missing something?, is it even possible to apply another edge refine to an already refined edge?.

Thanks,

Antoni.

Return to posts index

Emily Carmichael
Re: Edge Refine In Photoshop CS3/CS4
on Dec 20, 2008 at 3:48:56 am

I just tried this to see if *I* was missing anything....

The "refine edge" button opens a window that allows you to control different aspects of your selection. When you alter the sliders, your selection should look different. (Though it might be hard to tell on the canvass, since the dotted line doesn't communicate much about fuzziness.) You should be able to open and close the "refine edge" dialogue as many times as you want, and find the sliders exactly where you left them.

Does that make sense? It's not like a filter you apply "once" or "twice." It's a set of variables you have access to for as long as the area is selected. If it's working differently on your computer (like you only get one chance to refine the edge) then you have a problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]